A Bookworms Bookshelf

I read a lot, like most people that must be on this site, and much by accident, this blog came to life and now here I am, creating this blog. I'm also on a bunch of other sites as well so you can find me on them by clicking the links.

I like to use gifs a lot because they represent my feelings towards books a lot. I've read through a lot of reviews and as a result, I view books a little bit differently than how I used to.

Twitter | Goodreads

The World Forgot

The World Forgot - Isla Neal, Martin Leicht

I'll be honest with you, it's been a while since I read this series so I couldn't remember very well what happened in the last book but I remembered the basic storyline of it all once I started reading the last book.

My friend actually asked me what I was reading when she saw this book and I honestly didn't know what to tell her. There's just no way to describe this series to someone. A lot had happened and there was just nothing for me to tell her about this book that would make it seem even slightly normal.

And to be honest with you, this book isn't normal and I love that about it.

It's so out there that I've never read anything like it, I loved how the authors managed to add in humour to the story despite the fact that the characters weren't in very funny situations. Elvie somehow managed to be sarcastic even when she was seconds away from being dead and I loved that about her.

It moved at a fast pace so there was never a dull moment and I haven't wanted to yell at characters for a very long time. Especially ducky because the boy couldn't stop throwing up for five seconds. I'm amazed he does barf every time he walks. I don't even really know how he made it through the entire book without dying to be honest with you, he always had his head in the toilet I don't know how he did it.

My biggest problem with the series was Elvie's dad and the fact that he was really childish for someone that was an adult. But in this book, you really get to see more of his character, you got to see the fatherly side to him and it was really great. He was always so supportive of Elvie and what she wanted to do, he gave her praise where praise was due, he was a really great dad.

Elvie grew up so much as a character as well, she still had the special qualities that made her Elvie, but she was more mature now, she checked herself so many times, she realised when she was doing something that she had promised herself never to become and she became the mother that Zee was never to her.

So all in all, I liked this book.