A Bookworms Bookshelf

I read a lot, like most people that must be on this site, and much by accident, this blog came to life and now here I am, creating this blog. I'm also on a bunch of other sites as well so you can find me on them by clicking the links.

I like to use gifs a lot because they represent my feelings towards books a lot. I've read through a lot of reviews and as a result, I view books a little bit differently than how I used to.

Twitter | Goodreads

Dangerous Girls

Dangerous Girls - Abigail Haas, Abby McDonald

This was a really entertaining read and I really enjoyed the book, but it was also so got damn irritating.

I know that there are parents out there who pay no mind to what their children do and as a result their kids take full advantage of it and do some insane shit. I know this, I really do. And yet, reading books like this it always shocks me because, like ... WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS? What kind of parent thinks it would be a GOOD IDEA to send their underage child on a vacation with a bunch of underage, equally irresponsible teenagers, in a foreign country? Without any adult supervision I might add, why would you think that would end well?

The only person that you really get to know throughout the story are Anna and Elise, everyone else is just kind of background. They don't really serve a purpose and honestly, if they hadn't been in the book, it wouldn't have made a difference. Honestly, I can't even name anyone else other than Tate and I finished this book today.

I didn't even like Anna or Elise, both of them were so fucking annoying I just wanted them to shut up. Elise was honestly such a lil bitch the entire time, she had perfectly caring parents and she treated them like garbage. She had no regard for her own well-being and safety, and in the end she stabbed her best friend in the back honestly fuck her. I don't feel sorry for her.

Anna seemed like a whiny cry baby throughout the entire book in the flashbacks building up to the day the murder happened like sis buy a journal and write your feelings in it. I can't believe someone would get this worked up over some crusty boy who was literally so uninteresting. She shoulda just dumped both Elise and Tate and moved on with her life. Don't get me wrong, she faked the entire thing really well, if my friend hadn't already spoiled the book for me, I would've been S H O O K.

Detective Dekker was honestly such a creep, I hate that man. On top of that, he was really fucking bad at his job. He had literally zero actual solid evidence that Anna was the murderer. He just kept pulling up stuff that had happened years ago and acted as if it was relevant to the murder which it literally was not.

"I'm just trying to establish the relationship the suspect had with the victim," EVERYONE LITERALLY TOLD YOU WHAT THE RELATIONSHIP WAS DROP IT AND MOVE ON TO THE ACTUAL MURDER CHRIST.

I don't even know what charges they had Anna arrested on. I don't know what the laws in Aruba are regarding murder, but from the episodes of Law and Order: SVU that I've been binge watching lately, courtesy of my mom, it doesn't seem like they had anything to hold her on. I'm probably mistaken, but I'm pretty sure you can't have someone arrested and held in captivity based on circumstantial evidence. And where even was the evidence? Elise was stabbed in the chest 13 times and you're telling me there was no evidence except for the knife she was stabbed in? Where are the clothes that Anna wore to stab her in? Aruba is a pretty small island it's not like the clothes would've just disappeared.