A Bookworms Bookshelf

I have a book hoarding problem, they're pretty much taking over my entire house. Sometimes, when I'm not drowning in uni work I manage to actually read them. And when I do finish them, I usually have some pretty strong feelings related to them and y'all are gonna hear about it.

You may see the occasional gif to give more accurate representation of my thoughts.

Goodreads

Reading progress update: I've read 86 out of 546 pages.

Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners) - Libba Bray

I HAVE THOUGHTS.

I think Addie is written really well, her character doesn't appear often and even then it's only for a brief period of time. But nonetheless, her presence is pretty eerie and just adds to the general spooky tone of the story. It also really adds to the dramatic irony of the story because all of the other characters, literally all of them, just brush off what she's saying as oh she's crazy even though she's literally always right.

Theta is driving me insane like she's surrounded by the people who would be able to help her with her power and she literally just doesn't say anything. Like they're not going to think you're a terrible person, everyone is pretty fucking weird in the Diviners group sister. And it's just irritating because some of her burden would ease if she would just. Open. Up.

The love triangle is killing me. It's so well written and I can honestly see Evie ending up with either Jericho or Sam and it's literally hurting me to see one of them always hurting because they both deserve to be happy. I just want their suffering to end please, my poor heart.

SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome