A Bookworms Bookshelf

I have a book hoarding problem, they're pretty much taking over my entire house. Sometimes, when I'm not drowning in uni work I manage to actually read them. And when I do finish them, I usually have some pretty strong feelings related to them and y'all are gonna hear about it.

You may see the occasional gif to give more accurate representation of my thoughts.

Goodreads

Reading progress update: I've read 276 out of 546 pages.

Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners) - Libba Bray

First of all, there was a plot twist related to James that I 100% didn't see coming which had me shook and I had to stop reading for a good while to inform everyone I knew about it regardless of if they knew what I was talking about or not.

Second of all, I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. This story just suddenly took a very creepy turn and I actually had to stop reading and am using this as an excuse to prepare myself to dive back into the book lol. Honestly, I'm really excited, the thing I love most about this series is how well it does creepy and unsettling so the supernatural element in the insane asylum is exciting and exactly what I was looking forward to even if it does scare the bejeezus out of me.

I continue to be astounded by the level of diversity that is present in this book. Libba Bray is a woke kween.