A Bookworms Bookshelf

I have a book hoarding problem, they're pretty much taking over my entire house. Sometimes, when I'm not drowning in uni work I manage to actually read them. And when I do finish them, I usually have some pretty strong feelings related to them and y'all are gonna hear about it.

You may see the occasional gif to give more accurate representation of my thoughts.

Goodreads

Reading progress update: I've read 44 out of 336 pages.

Not the Girls You're Looking For - Aminah Mae Safi

Lulu is literally such an antagonistic person. James, who is clearly her love interest, is just trying to make conversation with her and I don't know but she seems to constantly take it as if he's speaking down to her or mocking her or setting her up to be judged when he's literally not. Like she's constantly attacking him for no reason and this boy is so confused, and rightfully so, because he doesn't even realize what he's done wrong.

"Are you always an asshole?" sis there's only one asshole in this conversation and it's not the person trying to talk to you, it's you. I don't know where this is even coming from like does she think she's more interesting than she is I don't get it. Is the coming-of-age portion of this her losing her fucking attitude because I'm already tired of it.

And the way this story started, there's absolutely nothing to ease you into the story, or introduce you to the characters, it's like it picks up in the middle of a novel and keeps going. I don't smell any hint of plot or purpose like what even is this.

A Court of Wings and Ruin