A Bookworms Bookshelf

I read a lot, like most people that must be on this site, and much by accident, this blog came to life and now here I am, creating this blog. I'm also on a bunch of other sites as well so you can find me on them by clicking the links.

I like to use gifs a lot because they represent my feelings towards books a lot. I've read through a lot of reviews and as a result, I view books a little bit differently than how I used to.

Twitter | Goodreads | Leafmarks

The Host: A Novel

The Host - Stephenie Meyer

I kept hearing so damn much about this book that I finally gave in and read it. I know, I know, I gave into internet reading peer pressure, so sue me.

The first 108 pages (oh yes, I was counting my friend) were boring as hell to me, I felt no need to keep reading or turning the pages. Then it got interesting and I kept reading.

First things first, this was definitely better than Twilight. The characters were not annoying and I didn't feel like punching any of the characters in the face (besides Jared and Kyle, but let's face it, they totally deserve it).

The behaviours of the characters in the story were actually understandable (whereas in Twilight, they just made no flipping sense). There was a reason for why Wanderer was terrified of all of the humans and why she always cringed away. There was a reason for the humans to be distrustful and suspicious.

THERE WERE ACTUAL REASONS.

Personally, Jeb was one of my favourite characters and he shall always be one of my favourite characters.

I was skimming through the bonus chapter and I cringed when the word "stupider" was used. There was an alarm in my brain going off and it went something along the lines of "this isn't a word, why is this in a book? This is not a word, the editor should've seen this."

I enjoyed the book, something that surprised me considering I despise everything that Stephenie Meyer has written.