A Bookworms Bookshelf

I read a lot, like most people that must be on this site, and much by accident, this blog came to life and now here I am, creating this blog. I'm also on a bunch of other sites as well so you can find me on them by clicking the links.

I like to use gifs a lot because they represent my feelings towards books a lot. I've read through a lot of reviews and as a result, I view books a little bit differently than how I used to.

Twitter | Goodreads | Leafmarks

Divergent

Divergent - Veronica Roth

While I did enjoy reading Divergent, the beginning was kind of slow in my opinion, it wasn't very interesting and I didn't really care for what was going on.

It got interesting though and I found myself enjoying the book as it went on. I thought Tobias was really cool and I admired the fact that Tris wasn't so easy to push over or beat up and that she was actually quite strong. I also liked the fact that she knew that she wasn't like the rest of her family, she knew that she wasn't selfless and she was okay with that.

"This chasm reminds us about the difference between bravery and stupidity," -Tobias.

I found that quote to actually be contradicting to the stuff that had happened so far in the book. If that chasm is supposed to remind you that there's a difference between bravery and stupidity, then why the hell are you jumping off of trains and buldings? That seems pretty damn stupid in my opinion.

I have a problem with Tobias and Tris saying I love you to each other but I'm not going to go into that now because some people might bite head off for it.

Redburn/White-Jacket/Moby-Dick (Library of America #9)
Herman Melville, G. Thomas Melerlle, G. Thomas Tanselle