A Bookworms Bookshelf

I read a lot, like most people that must be on this site, and much by accident, this blog came to life and now here I am, creating this blog. I'm also on a bunch of other sites as well so you can find me on them by clicking the links.

I like to use gifs a lot because they represent my feelings towards books a lot. I've read through a lot of reviews and as a result, I view books a little bit differently than how I used to.

Twitter | Goodreads | Leafmarks

Unravel Me

Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi

I was going to give this around two stars because it was more interesting than Shatter Me . . . kind of. But then I got sick of it and wanted to light the book on fire and that quickly changed.

I noticed that there didn't seem to be as much purple prose as there was in the first book. Or if there was, I just simply didn't care enough to pay attention to everything being said. Either way, I'm still convinced that Juliet has some kind of medical issue because her bones, muscles, lungs, heart and every other part of her seem to be breaking or shaking or lighting on fire a lot.

Usually, when I read books like this, I expect there to be focus on the problem and how to solve it but there was barely any thought put into the problems at hand. It was mostly about Juliette and her love life and her oh-so-difficult decisions. Somehow, no matter what is going on, no matter what everyone is talking about, it always manages to turn around and be about Juliette and the problems that she's having with her love life.

The only good thing about this book was Kenji and that was because he told Juliette that she being a self-centered, useless bag of potatoes. Every time I came across a part that involved Kenji telling Juliette that not everything was about her and that she had to get up and do something instead of throwing herself a pity party, I almost cheered.

Finally, finally someone didn't think that Juliette was all that and a bag of chips!

I couldn't understand why no one else was telling her straight up that she was being useless to everyone and to stop whining and just move on.

You know what, I actually like psychopathic Juliette because I don't have to listen to her ponder the meaning of life daily and listening to her go on about how her bones ignited every time she was near Adam. I enjoyed psychopathic Juliette because I got to see something different, something interesting.

I actually got to understand why she thought of herself as a monster. The way that she enjoyed the pain that she caused people or had the ability to cause was evident this time and I finally understood why she thought of herself as a monster.

And I still don't understand why she refused to tell Adam that Warner could touch her. I seriously don't understand it, it's not like she was telling him that they made out or anything, it was just a simple thing, the fact that Warner could touch her. I didn't understand how that was a betrayal to Adam and I probably never will.

At some point near the end I just ran out of shit's to give and skimmed the last ten pages of the story and called it a day. It got so boring that I just couldn't make myself keep reading.

I've gotten this far, I might as well finish off the series with Ignite Me and then I can finally rest in peace.