A Bookworms Bookshelf

I read a lot, like most people that must be on this site, and much by accident, this blog came to life and now here I am, creating this blog. I'm also on a bunch of other sites as well so you can find me on them by clicking the links.

I like to use gifs a lot because they represent my feelings towards books a lot. I've read through a lot of reviews and as a result, I view books a little bit differently than how I used to.

Twitter | Goodreads

Dumping Princes: Chapter 24

Alright, so I’ve been dying to read this book for a few years now but it’s not as good as I had imagined it to be. I had enjoyed the other three books in the series but I have a feeling that if I were to read them now, I wouldn’t like them very much at all. Maybe it’s because I’m older and my taste has changed.

But anyway, my impression of the book so far has been, to put it simply, childish.

The entire situation is childish. Calypso is childish for a fifteen-year-old, something that I can assure you I’m an expert at knowing.

Her behavior is childish, her thought process is childish and honestly, she’s a bit of a clingy girlfriend. I find that I agree more with Star, her best friend than Calypso herself. Star’s right, she’s fifteen, there’s plenty more for her to look forward to than just a boyfriend, Calypso has bigger things to worry about and focus on. And maybe I’m just saying this because I’m an overachiever but, boys will come and go but a good education will always be there.

Feel free to disagree.

I honestly can’t understand what the big deal is, so Freddie dumped her, so what? It’s not like he said he didn’t like Calypso anymore, he just wants to focus on more important things and by the sounds of it, he thinks she should too. He’s got the right idea honestly, Calypso is just making a really big deal out of it. Taking a break probably sucks but it’s not like it’s forever. Like Ross said,

I guess the biggest thing that’s bothering me is the portrayal of fifteen-year-olds. Instead of coming off as teenagers, all of these characters, for the majority of the time, come off as extremely childish and stupid to me. And maybe this is because I hang out with the nerds/weird people/my friends all the time but really, vodka, smoking and other things?

Actually, maybe it is because I hang out with the nerds/weird people/my friends that I find that weird. This could be perfectly normal in someone else’s life.