A Bookworms Bookshelf

I read a lot, like most people that must be on this site, and much by accident, this blog came to life and now here I am, creating this blog. I'm also on a bunch of other sites as well so you can find me on them by clicking the links.

I like to use gifs a lot because they represent my feelings towards books a lot. I've read through a lot of reviews and as a result, I view books a little bit differently than how I used to.

Twitter | Goodreads

SPOILER ALERT!

Timepiece

Timepiece - Myra McEntire

I didn't really care much about this book, then again, I didn't care much about Hourglass either.

This time the story is told from Kaleb's point of view and as I had expected the moment I found out about it, he sounded exactly like Emerson. The only reason that I knew it wasn't Emerson was because Emerson isn't lesbian and she wouldn't hit on or try to make on her best friend Lily.

This was more about the romance and less about the plot (What plot?) and of course it was your stereotypical bad boy meets good girl type of thing. Kaleb is the bad boy with a dark past and who is secretly sweet but covers it up because reasons. Lily is the good girl who isn't interested and thinks Kaleb is an asshole but eventually gives in to him for reasons.

Bam, I just told you the entire story in one paragraph, you're welcome. You don't have to read the book now.

Of course in between the romance there was some things to do with stopping Jack and fixing time but that stuff goes by in a flash and we get back to Lily and Kaleb real fast.

At some point Michael and Emerson disappear but show up again at the end of the book because this is a young adult novel and logic apparently has no place in it. It would've been better if those two had stayed dead, they're not even useful at this point in the series. It would've been a lot better if they had died.

Lily gets kidnapped, Kaleb goes and saves her, he finds Teague, Lily spews out some bullshit that saves them and Teague is apparently too stupid to see through and that's how it ends.

If this sounded bland and uninteresting, that's exactly how the novel was, it was slow, uninteresting and the romance was strangling you and forcing you to enjoy it.