A Bookworms Bookshelf

I read a lot, like most people that must be on this site, and much by accident, this blog came to life and now here I am, creating this blog. I'm also on a bunch of other sites as well so you can find me on them by clicking the links.

I like to use gifs a lot because they represent my feelings towards books a lot. I've read through a lot of reviews and as a result, I view books a little bit differently than how I used to.

Twitter | Goodreads

Hunted

Hunted  - P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Yet another book of absolutely nothing happening. I have no idea how the Casts are keeping this series going by repeating the exact same things over and over again. How do people not get bored of this series? Absolutely nothing interesting happens at all.

Moving on.

Plot:
I'm not entirely sure what the plot of this novel was, I felt like there really wasn't one but I guess if there HAD to be one, I'd say it was the fact that Zoey and her friends are trying to escape from the House of Night? That's what everyone seems to be trying to figure out for the most part during this book. They sure as hell talked about the same things over and over, that's for sure.

Oh, and there was of course Zoey making out with guys that weren't her boyfriend, wondering if she was actually the clay doll that had been created for Kalona and Heath being creepy.

Romance:
The romance in these novels should be made into some kind of documentary showing girls what not to do or look for in relationships. I don't think I've ever been as creeped out or angered by the relationships going on between people in novels as I have while reading this book.

Zoey goes ahead and cheats on Erik the first chance that she gets with Stark. I knew this was coming, I kept telling myself that Zoey would cheat again whilst she was defending her actions to Erik. What else is new? I don't understand why guys keep dating Zoey when she gives them nothing but shit in return.

Logic:
Zoey begins to think that maybe she really is Ay-a, the girl created from dirt and animated to trap Kalona in the earth. Forget that Zoey popped out of her mothers birth canal and is not made of dirt or being animated by magic, this is an actual concern.

Writing:
Excessive amounts of description that no one cares about, constantly being reminded that Damien is in fact gay because we might've forgotten from the last page that we read that information on, and really cheesy, cringe-worthy writing. I wrote better fanfiction two years ago. It was just really really bad.

The Casts continue to make references to things that not everyone knows about but they just expect people to understand anyway. They define words like "entranced" but not words like that word that they used that had something to do with stitches.

I did some research on all of the Mythology that the Casts are using and it turns out they're actually bullshitting a lot of the stuff that they're writing. While Kalona is real in Cherokee legend, none of the official sites that I checked said anything about Ay-a. I don't even know how Nyx and Erebus, FROM GREEK MYTHOLOGY, tie in with Kalona to be perfectly honest.

Characters:
Heath: Heath needs to die, and soon. He serves absolutely no purpose in this story except to make Zoey seem more desirable. He's failing at his job, all he's managed to do is creep me out and put Edward Cullen to shame on the stalker scale. I'm not even joking when I say that I am actually a little bit scared every time that Heath shows up.

He either needs to die or get shipped to a psychiatric hospital or something because he's just not right.

Zoey: I hate Zoey so much that I cannot even name one thing that I hate more than I hate her. She goes on and on about Damien being gay and how it's not a big deal but no one is making it a big deal. Zoey is the only one who finds Damien's sexuality of serious interest, she's the only one who seems to be really shocked by it so I think that she needs to check herself.

She's apparently become everyone's priestess and everyone looks to Zoey for guidance now. I don't know, she'll probably end up getting everyone killed and then blaming Neferet for it.

She's apparently gotten even dumber than last time because she seems to think that Neferet is manipulating Kalona into doing her bidding when Neferet can't even get a word in edgewise without Kalona shutting her down and telling her that he's boss. Neferet has absolutely no control over what's happening.

She also comes to the conclusion that yo, just because someone is attractive it doesn't make them a good person and realises that because Kalona is evil, she's not attracted to him even though he's hella fine. Welcome to the real world.

I could write you an entire essay on why Zoey is a horrible character but let's leave it at obnoxious, conceited, flat, boring, annoying, and stupid. We don't want to be here all day.

Erik is stupid. He takes Zoey back even though she cheated on him like a day before she left the House of Night. So yeah, Erik is stupid.

Aphrodite: The only sane character in this series who doesn't shame anyone for doing anything, doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks and gets shit done. You go Aphrodite, I'm rooting for you.

Kalona: He walks around without shoes or a shirt on for some reason and does nothing except make Zoey want to get in his pants. That's about all that he does . . .

Everyone else: I don't even remember the majority of new people mentioned in this book, they all just sounded and acted the exact same to me, it was hard to differentiate.

And the most important bit of all, Zoey and Heath imprint again. Heath is going to be around some more. Yay.
(If you want to see what my actual reaction to this was as I was reading, click here)