A Bookworms Bookshelf

I read a lot, like most people that must be on this site, and much by accident, this blog came to life and now here I am, creating this blog. I'm also on a bunch of other sites as well so you can find me on them by clicking the links.

I like to use gifs a lot because they represent my feelings towards books a lot. I've read through a lot of reviews and as a result, I view books a little bit differently than how I used to.

Twitter | Goodreads | Leafmarks

The Bar Code Prophecy

The Bar Code Prophecy - Suzanne Weyn

I finally finished this series and now I can stop caring about it!

I felt like the writing in this one was a lot slower than the other two books, which was great because the other ones just felt like brief scenes thrown together with no transition between them. That being said, there was some stuff that was brought up with almost explanation to it, like the Hopi people and stuff.

There was some prophecy about the Bar Code tattoo and somehow it was linked to this place that was sacred to the Hopi people but it was never explained why these Hopi people were even relevant to the prophecy or why there was a prophecy in the first place. This entire book could've been told the exact same way without the mention of a prophecy.

My relationship with this book is complicated because I absolutely love and adore the idea of bar codes and everything that's happened so far but the problem is that the books are so short that the idea never really gets fully fleshed out and I feel like the author didn't go into enough depth about it. This is the type of series that I honestly would not have minded if each book was 500 and more pages long in small print because it's such an interesting idea and the author could've gone in so many directions with it.

The romance would've been so much better because it would've built up and the characters would've actually gotten time to get to know each other. But because the books are so short and cramped, every time someone says I love you I want rip my brain out with my bare hands and scream to the world.

This trilogy had so much potential to be great and brilliant but it really fell short of that of for me and I just wish that the author had spent more time fleshing out the story and the details and how everything was connected instead of giving the readers something that didn't feel like it had only a little bit of thought put into it.

I wanted to know more about Global-1 and what they were doing. These people sounded like they had the best of the best on board with them so why would they refuse to stop doing what they were doing if they knew that it wouldn't end well for anyone? If they want to control the world, how are they going to do that if the things that they're doing is destroying everyone living on earth?

I had such high expectations and I was really let down.(less)