A Bookworms Bookshelf

I read a lot, like most people that must be on this site, and much by accident, this blog came to life and now here I am, creating this blog. I'm also on a bunch of other sites as well so you can find me on them by clicking the links.

I like to use gifs a lot because they represent my feelings towards books a lot. I've read through a lot of reviews and as a result, I view books a little bit differently than how I used to.

Twitter | Goodreads | Leafmarks

Notable

Notable - Marni Bates

I don't think that I ever expected to actually like Chelsea Halloway because she seemed like Queen Bitch Extraordinaire but then she became a lot less bitchy towards Jane so I figured I'd probably really like her, or at least learn to tolerate her.

The one great thing that I really love about this Awkward series is that I find something that I can relate to with each character. Mackenzie, Jane, and Chelsea are all different people with different personalities and yet with each of them, there's something that they go through, or a characteristic of theirs that really let's me connect with them and understand the way that they think and feel and why they act the way that they act.

And it just makes the book better for me because now I can sympathize with these characters and the story becomes a lot more personal to me.

I understood how Chelsea felt about always having to try so hard and yet it was never good enough for anybody. I know how it feels to be told that if you don't take one class then you won't be accepted into any university, granted Chelsea's marks are shit and mine are not but still, I understood how she felt. It is not encouraging to have someone tell you that you are never doing enough.

Trust me, I have experience in this type of area, I'm amazed this girl hasn't cried herself to sleep throughout her high school years.

But I admired how she took charge of the situation that she was in (as unbelievable as it was) and I really love how she matured throughout the story without ever losing her Chelseaness. She was still sarcastic and she still had power over the other sex and she still loved to flirt but she had softened. She was a lot nicer and she actually cared about everyone, she thought about other peoples feelings instead of just herself.

I loved her relationship with Houston as well, yeah they argued all the time but they were really cute together (when he wasn't being condescending) and I loved how they got together in the end.

I loved the characters and I loved Chelsea and I especially loved that she managed to let go of Logan and move on at the end of the book. She may not be book smart but I have absolutely no doubt that even with her shitty grades she would make it far in the world. I just had a lot of fun in this book to be perfectly honest and if you're looking for something quick I'd suggest reading it.

Redburn/White-Jacket/Moby-Dick (Library of America #9)
Herman Melville, G. Thomas Melerlle, G. Thomas Tanselle